Our Pastoral Properties
Anna Creek Station
Anna Creek Station is situated 160 km east of Coober Pedy and midway between Oodnadatta and Marree.
It covers 15,746 square kilometres.
Anna Creek itself was discovered by Col Warburton in 1858 and named by him after a daughter of John Chambers.
Anna Creek Station was originally located at Strangways Springs when first purchased by Julius Jeffreys, John Warren and William Bakewell in January 1863. The partnership mainly ran sheep and in “The Great Drought Years” between 1864 and 1866 was stocked with 7,300 sheep. Sheep were constantly subjected to attacks by dingoes so cattle became the main focus of the station.
The station was relocated to its present site in approximately 1872. John Hogarth managed Anna Creek Station until 1893 followed by his younger brother Thomas until 1913. George Warren followed for 12 months, then his younger brother Francis until 1918. The station was then sold in 1918 to Malcolm Reid and Leslie Taylor.
In 1935 Anna Creek became part of the Kidman Holdings, joining the already owned Stuarts Creek Station (since 1919) and The Peake Station (since 1902).
Anna Creek became the headquarters of the giant pastoral block under the management of the McLean and the Nunn families, an association that continued for 100 years.
In December 2016, Williams Cattle Company acquired Anna Creek Station along with The Peake Station.