Arckaringa Station is situated 140km north of Coober Pedy on the Painted Desert Road and has an area of 2750 square kilometres.
Alex and Minnie McLeod owned Arckaringa from 1914 to 1943. In 1943 Mrs Brown, who already owned Mount Willoughby Station, purchased Arckaringa.
Bill Fleming was head stockman for Mrs Brown at Mount Willoughby. In 1960 he and his sister Marie, grandchildren of Mrs Brown, took over Arckaringa. Bill and his wife, Bonnie managed Arckaringa, and at some stage, they bought Marie’s share of the station.
For many years, Bill Fleming mustered and drove the sale cattle to Warrina and Oodnadatta rail sidings, often leaving Bonnie home at the station with her two small children, for up to three weeks at a time.
In 1989 the Williams family purchased Arckaringa.